HR Business Partner (12 month FTC)
Who we are
What started as a business to make finance and back-office better for recruitment agencies is now changing how businesses of all shapes and sizes access finance and support to manage their freelance workforce.
We’ve created an end-to-end work pay solution to power the new working world. One that lets businesses unlock the power of the contract, freelance and gig economy with none of the hard work or complications that come with old-school finance.
Backed by ambitious investors and developed by a team in London and Cardiff, we’ve funded in excess of £500m to a host of businesses, from recruitment startups to large-scale organisations who’ve grown tired of the traditional approach to finance from the banking world.
What’s it like to work here
Freedom and autonomy to do your best work are what makes Sonovate successful. There’s no micro-management - just teams working together to change how people are paid for the better. Think of us as a group of teams working collaboratively to share experiences and engineer the best solutions.
The growth we’ve achieved in such a short space of time attracts certain individuals. We’re understand we’re not going to be everyone’s cup of tea, but our startup mindset defines who we are.
That said, just because we think like a startup doesn’t mean you’ll be running around doing a million and one things. We’re grown up with very realistic ambitions. Our market-leading products have redefined how people are paid. Building on this core success is where we are right now and we need specialists to join us and help take us to the next step.
We promise freedom to execute, an environment where you can exercise all your skills and talents and guarantee that you will be working alongside truly great talent.
Joining Sonovate will be transformational for your career, whatever stage you are at. Apply today and let’s begin a conversation about you.
What we guarantee
• Truly agile practices
• working with latest technologies and leading SaaS providers
• Modern ‘defurbished’ office space in the heart of city centre
• Very firmly in growth stage
• Startup DNA
• 28 days holiday + bank holidays
• Interest free season ticket loan
• Private medical insurance
• Ride to work
• Eyecare vouchers
• Childcare vouchers
• 50% discounted gym membership
• 2 days charity leave per year
• Breakfast, snacks and drinks
• Beer fridge
• Free takeaways
• And so much more...
The HR Business Partner is a highly visible and dynamic role. The role will focus on both strategy and operational topics, representing and driving the People agenda, gaining trust through high levels of partnership. A 12 month FTC covering Maternity working closely with HR Business Partner based in Cardiff office.
- Delivery of people objectives (communicating, advising, embedding, encouraging HR solutions) making suggestions and recommendations for continuous improvement that enables Sonovate to optimise performance.
- Translate business requirements into effective HR practices and provide advice to Senior and Line Managers on the interpretation and implementation of HR policies and procedures
- Influence Management around the people agenda and
- Provide data analysis and insight to the Executive team providing solutions based on business needs
- Identifying themes from appraisals and exit interviews
- Promotes the delivery of relevant change programmes
- Works with line managers dealing with strategic people plans and day to day people management. Including performance management.
- Advise on employment matters such as visas, contracts, T&Cs etc
- Developing organisational structures that support the business, promote efficiency and build line management capability within the business.
- Partners with the leadership team and line managers to develop and monitor Learning & Development needs across the business as well as delivering and sourcing innovative solutions
- Ensure HR policies and procedures and fit for purpose and reflective of current employment legislation
- Provide expertise in recruitment and reward (both internally and externally) and exit of staff
- Maintain employee records to ensure an accurate and comprehensive employee database for information and planning purposes
A Few Things About You
- You have worked in fast growing service driven organisations and comfortable with the challenges that come with this
- Demonstrable experience supporting and influencing key operational and strategic decisions.
- You have supported the delivery of change programmes
- Degree / CIPD or equivalent level qualification
- Plenty of drive, energy and passion
- Adaptable and flexible in your approach
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in a consultative capacity
- You can build trusted relationships through a professional but personable approach with managers and employees at all levels
- Pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly improving the People Team
- Extensive generalist HR experience including employee relations, UK employment law, performance management, coaching, change and learning and development.