Who we are
What started as a business to make finance and back-office better for recruitment agencies is now changing how businesses of all shapes and sizes access finance and support to manage their freelance workforce.
We’ve created an end-to-end work pay solution to power the new working world. One that let’s businesses unlock the power of the contract, freelance and gig economy with none of the hard work or complications that come with old-school finance.
Backed by ambitious investors and developed by a team in London and Cardiff, we’ve funded in excess of £500m to a host of businesses, from recruitment startups to large-scale organisations who’ve grown tired of the traditional approach to finance from the banking world.
What’s it like to work here
Freedom and autonomy to do your best work are what makes Sonovate successful. There’s no micro-management - just teams working together to change how people are paid for the better. Think of us as a group of teams working collaboratively to share experiences and engineer the best solutions.
The growth we’ve achieved in such a short space of time attracts certain individuals. We’re understand we’re not going to be everyone’s cup of tea, but our startup mindset defines who we are.
That said, just because we think like a startup doesn’t mean you’ll be running around doing a million and one things. We’re grown up with very realistic ambitions. Our market-leading products have redefined how people are paid. Building on this core success is where we are right now and we need specialists to join us and help take us to the next step.
We promise freedom to execute, an environment where you can exercise all your skills and talents and guarantee that you will be working alongside truly great talent.
Joining Sonovate will be transformational for your career, whatever stage you are at. Apply today and let’s begin a conversation about you.
What we guarantee
• Truly agile practices
• working with latest technologies and leading SaaS providers
• Modern ‘defurbished’ office space in the heart of city centre
• Very firmly in growth stage
• Startup DNA
• 28 days holiday + bank holidays
• Interest free season ticket loan
• Private medical insurance
• Informal approach to flexible working
• Ride to work
• Eyecare vouchers
• Childcare vouchers
• 50% discounted gym membership
• 2 days charity leave per year
• Breakfast, snacks and drinks
• Beer fridge
• Free takeaways
• And so much more...
We are looking for a Software Engineer to be part of our Cardiff office. You will join a team of folk who are talented, ambitious and forward thinking. You will play a huge part in Sonovate’s success story by helping to design, develop and test high-quality and innovative web-based software solutions.
- Writing well designed, testable and efficient code for deployment in the Cloud in a fast paced and constantly evolving business environment.
- Working within cross-skilled, agile delivery teams to help Sonovate to realise their vision of “Smarter Pay for the New Working World”
- Managing time effectively to deliver on your Sprint commitments
- Working and delivering to tight deadlines
- Contributing to continuously improving our best practices, standards, and processes to deliver high quality software solutions
A Few Things About You
- Passionate about Software Engineering, with a minimum of 2 years of professional development experience
- Front end development experience using Single Page Application frameworks, particularly React
- Knowledge of the HTTP lifecycle and an understanding of RESTful Web Services and principles
- Practical knowledge of a variety of Database technologies and Object Relational Mappers (ORMs). SQL, Postgres, Entity Framework, RavenDB and/or NHibernate would be advantageous.
- Experience developing cloud hosted web applications
- An understanding and practical experience of applying core software design and development concepts e.g. Object-Oriented vs Functional, S.O.L.I.D principles
- Knowledge of common software development and architectural patterns
- Experience of Agile software development and delivery using Scrum
- Understands the term devops with experience working with a devops culture
- Works well in a team with good communication skills
- A “lifelong learner”, demonstrates a passion for gaining new skills, experience and knowledge
- A lateral thinker who displays an ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solution
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Cool under pressure