PA & Office Manager
Who we are
What started as a business to make finance and back-office better for recruitment agencies is now changing how businesses of all shapes and sizes access finance and support to manage their freelance workforce.
We’ve created an end-to-end work pay solution to power the new working world. One that let’s businesses unlock the power of the contract, freelance and gig economy with none of the hard work or complications that come with old-school finance.
Backed by ambitious investors and developed by a team in London and Cardiff, we’ve funded in excess of £500m to a host of businesses, from recruitment startups to large-scale organisations who’ve grown tired of the traditional approach to finance from the banking world.
What’s it like to work here
Freedom and autonomy to do your best work are what makes Sonovate successful. There’s no micro-management - just teams working together to change how people are paid for the better. Think of us as a group of teams working collaboratively to share experiences and engineer the best solutions.
The growth we’ve achieved in such a short space of time attracts certain individuals. We’re understand we’re not going to be everyone’s cup of tea, but our startup mindset defines who we are.
That said, just because we think like a startup doesn’t mean you’ll be running around doing a million and one things. We’re grown up with very realistic ambitions. Our market-leading products have redefined how people are paid. Building on this core success is where we are right now and we need specialists to join us and help take us to the next step.
We promise freedom to execute, an environment where you can exercise all your skills and talents and guarantee that you will be working alongside truly great talent.
Joining Sonovate will be transformational for your career, whatever stage you are at. Apply today and let’s begin a conversation about you.
What we guarantee
• Truly agile practices
• working with latest technologies and leading SaaS providers
• Very firmly in growth stage
• Startup DNA
• 28 days holiday + bank holidays
• Interest free season ticket loan
• Private medical insurance
• Ride to work
• Eyecare vouchers
• 50% discounted gym membership
• 2 days charity leave per year
• Breakfast, snacks and drinks
• And so much more...
This is where you come in … we are looking for a PA / Office Manager to be part of our London Office and provide support to some of our C-suite members, currently our CTO and CFO. As the company embarks on a period of high growth, you will enjoy a fast paced and diverse role, working closely with the Executive team members, People team and helping keep our offices fresh, fuelled and ready to deliver!
- Proactive support of the C-suite members you are assigned, ensuring they are adequately prepared with their schedules and supporting materials where required
- Act as the point of contact between Executives as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinate and provide quality support by handling daily requests and queries appropriately, managing diaries and schedule meetings and appointments, making travel arrangements, process expenses and other administrative duties
- Take in large quantities of written and verbal communication quickly and produce accurate, timely and well-presented minutes
- Produce reports, presentations and briefs
- Work to tight deadlines and perform well under sustained pressure with the capability of quick thinking in rapidly changing scenarios
- Handling telephone calls professionally, ensuring a high level of customer service when interacting with internal and external customers
- Hands on Office management to ensure the smooth running of both the Cardiff and London offices
- Order stationary when required and the weekly breakfasts and snacks
- Event Management when required
- Willing to help with tasks outside their job
A Few Things About You
- Proven working experience as a Personal Assistant within a high growth commercial business
- experience of working within a fin-tech, start-up or technology business would be highly desirable
- Customer focused with excellent team working skills and the ability to work collaboratively and co-operatively with colleagues, building effective working relationships with all functions of the business
- An aptitude for using own judgment and decision making with the ability to work on initiative
- Not afraid to get stuck in to positively improve the office with day to day tasks
- Highly organised, self-reliant, efficient and self-motivated with the ability to systematically plan own work and that of others
- Excellent IT skills including advanced knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software package
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise daily workload
- Excellent verbal, written and proof reading skills with high attention for detail
- You understand working discretely with sensitive information and the importance of confidentiality
- You are an effective team player and have the ability to communicate clear and concise instructions