Interim Head of People- 12 month Maternity FTC
Head of People (FTC- Maternity Cover)
This interim Head of People opportunity is a year-long maternity cover for a senior HR generalist who will embrace the fast paced environment that Sonovate presents. You will enjoy the fresh challenges of our exciting and constantly evolving business and be ready to lead the People team to deliver support at all levels of the business around management of our People: performance management, development plans, retention and recruitment. You will have full accountability for managing the delivery of quarterly goals and the FY20 deliverables of the People function.
With offices in London and Cardiff you will be responsible for working across two sites to ensure that there is a people presence available for all. You will be directly responsible for a HRBP based in Cardiff and share management of a London based HR & Office Administrator, with the PA to executives.
- Implement the annual People strategy in line with the budget and business plan. Ensure People plans support the needs of the business but are also flexible enough to cope with changes in the organisation, as and when they occur
- Act as a role model for the organisation, looking beyond our own team as a source of knowledge. Works with others in a collaborative and solutions-focused manner to achieve win-win business outcomes
- The ability to inspire confidence of the CEO’s and C-suite through timely delivery of information and plans. Works independently of CEO’s, but consults where appropriate
- Able to problem solve both operational and strategic issues through a pragmatic and commercially sound approach
- Act as the face of the People function for the company
- Identifying the roles and responsibilities of managers in the organisation and create an appropriate interface with the People department.
- Developing the executive and SMT teams to understand their People management responsibilities.
Lead the People Function
- Lead the People team to manage day to day operational requirements including up to date and legally compliant policies and procedures
- Lead the People function to deliver against the People & Talent Management strategy to provide day to day advice to line managers on all human resource issues: management and development of staff, remuneration, retention.
- Lead the People function and take an active role within the team to provide Training and Development opportunities that support skill enhancement and development across the business
- Lead the HR Business Partner to take ownership for and deliver key projects across the organisation including ownership of direct recruitment where possible
- Work with C-Suite PA to manage shared resource- HR & Office Administrator
- Manage performance management & reporting
- Commercial acumen - has a good overall understanding of company finances and uses this information to push back and support managers in resource and succession planning
- Proposing new initiatives to embed and further develop the desired culture of the organisation
- Accountability of all OD; work with the team to effectively plans ahead to anticipate problems, plans for worst-case and best-case scenarios
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented
- Takes a broad interest in the success and development of the company and the human resource function as a whole
- Demonstrates passion - approaches all tasks in an enthusiastic way. Committed to upholding professional standards
- Takes responsibility for own actions and visibly supports the senior leadership team and their agenda
- Communication skills - handles complex and difficult situations with thought and confidence
- Ability to explain detailed legal information to staff in a straightforward way
- CIPD qualified
- Previous experience of developing a leadership team
- Previous experience of managing a People team in a high growth business
- Previously influenced senior managers, built strong commercial relationships and driven and implemented a People strategy
- People Manager level - must be comfortable working in a standalone environment
- Can quickly establish credibility and respect and build strong working relationships with department managers. Demonstrable maturity, professionalism and gravitas
- Ability to recognise the value and responsibility of working in a team, actively supports and develops team members, quick to identify and problem solve any issues
- Strong working knowledge of employment law issues and the ability to apply these to a variety of situations using a pragmatic and common sense approach
- Familiar with best practice people processes
- Experienced in coaching managers through this and leading where necessary
- Ability to coordinate and run offsite strategy sessions.
Who we are
What started as a business to make finance and back-office better for recruitment agencies is now changing how businesses of all shapes and sizes access finance and support to manage their freelance workforce.
We’ve created an end-to-end work pay solution to power the new working world. One that lets businesses unlock the power of the contract, freelance and gig economy with none of the hard work or complications that come with old-school finance.
Backed by ambitious investors and developed by a team in London and Cardiff, we’ve funded in excess of £500m to a host of businesses, from recruitment startups to large-scale organisations who’ve grown tired of the traditional approach to finance from the banking world.
What’s it like to work here
Freedom and autonomy to do your best work are what makes Sonovate successful. There’s no micro-management - just teams working together to change how people are paid for the better. Think of us as a group of teams working collaboratively to share experiences and engineer the best solutions.
The growth we’ve achieved in such a short space of time attracts certain individuals. We’re understand we’re not going to be everyone’s cup of tea, but our startup mindset defines who we are.
That said, just because we think like a startup doesn’t mean you’ll be running around doing a million and one things. We’re grown up with very realistic ambitions. Our market-leading products have redefined how people are paid. Building on this core success is where we are right now and we need specialists to join us and help take us to the next step.
We promise freedom to execute, an environment where you can exercise all your skills and talents and guarantee that you will be working alongside truly great talent.
What we guarantee
• Truly agile practices
• working with latest technologies and leading SaaS providers
•Office space in the heart of the city
• Very firmly in growth stage
• Startup DNA
• 28 days holiday + bank holidays
• Interest free season ticket loan
• Private medical insurance
• Ride to work
• Eyecare vouchers
• Childcare vouchers
• 50% discounted gym membership
• 2 days charity leave per year
• Breakfast, snacks and drinks
• Beer fridge
• Free takeaways
• And so much more...