Finance Administrator (Credit Control)
Who we are
What started as a business to make finance and back-office better for recruitment agencies is now changing how businesses of all shapes and sizes access finance and support to manage their freelance workforce.
We’ve created an end-to-end work pay solution to power the new working world. One that lets businesses unlock the power of the contract, freelance and gig economy with none of the hard work or complications that come with old-school finance.
Backed by ambitious investors and developed by a team in London and Cardiff, we’ve funded in excess of £500m to a host of businesses, from recruitment startups to large-scale organisations who’ve grown tired of the traditional approach to finance from the banking world.
What’s it like to work here
Freedom and autonomy to do your best work are what makes Sonovate successful. There’s no micro-management - just teams working together to change how people are paid for the better. Think of us as a group of teams working collaboratively to share experiences and engineer the best solutions.
The growth we’ve achieved in such a short space of time attracts certain individuals. We’re understand we’re not going to be everyone’s cup of tea, but our startup mindset defines who we are.
That said, just because we think like a startup doesn’t mean you’ll be running around doing a million and one things. We’re grown up with very realistic ambitions. Our market-leading products have redefined how people are paid. Building on this core success is where we are right now and we need specialists to join us and help take us to the next step.
We promise freedom to execute, an environment where you can exercise all your skills and talents and guarantee that you will be working alongside truly great talent.
Joining Sonovate will be transformational for your career, whatever stage you are at. Apply today and let’s begin a conversation about you.
What we guarantee
• Truly agile practices
• working with latest technologies and leading SaaS providers
• Modern ‘defurbished’ office space in the heart of city centre
• Very firmly in growth stage
• Startup DNA
• 28 days holiday + bank holidays
• Interest free season ticket loan
• Private medical insurance
• Ride to work
• Eyecare vouchers
• Childcare vouchers
• 50% discounted gym membership
• 2 days charity leave per year
• Breakfast, snacks and drinks
• Beer fridge
• Free takeaways
• And so much more...
- Providing daily administrative support for a team of Credit Controllers
- Assist the Credit Control Manager and Senior Staff with any ad-hoc projects/duties, such as undertaking minor credit control tasks during staff absence
- Actively monitor and resolve invoice adjustment requests, undertaking the full credit note process
- Provide weekly aged debt reports for our client base, and deal with any ad-hoc aged debt requests for the team
- Be first point of contact for the management of all incoming queries/remittances via the CRM
- Apply and log all Purchase Order’s that are gained
- Log all remittance advices and update the Accountancy package with payment dates, to enable cash forecasting within the team
- Own the daily cash uploads within agreed timescales, and assisting the team with any cash allocation issues as and when necessary
- Own the invoice upload process, and work with senior staff on new debtor account distributions
- Liaise with customers via telephone and email and resolving basic customers queries, coordinating with the credit controllers for any subsequent action
- Send out copy invoices & statements when necessary (statements via both excel and PDF)
- Issuance of all invoices and credit notes on a weekly basis, and managing invoice uploads to any external portals as dictated by our customer base
- Maintain correct and up-to-date customer details and account records
A Few Things About You
- Administration experience within a commercial environment
- Ideally a background and some knowledge of Credit Control
- Always take accountability for own workload by organising and ensuring complete accuracy
- Able to adapt to change in a busy and fast paced Credit Control team
- Can manage workload under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A natural problem solver with an analytical mindset
- A natural relationship builder, who takes a collaborative approach with key stakeholders and the wider business
- Can follow procedures and processes as implemented by the Business
- A team player who naturally wants to support, taking into consideration the ‘bigger picture’