Head of Operations
Who we are
What started as a business to make finance and back-office better for recruitment agencies is now changing how businesses of all shapes and sizes access finance and support to manage their freelance workforce.
We’ve created an end-to-end work pay solution to power the new working world. One that lets businesses unlock the power of the contract, freelance and gig economy with none of the hard work or complications that come with old-school finance.
Backed by ambitious investors and developed by a team in London and Cardiff, we’ve funded in excess of £500m to a host of businesses, from recruitment startups to large-scale organisations who’ve grown tired of the traditional approach to finance from the banking world.
What’s it like to work here
Freedom and autonomy to do your best work are what makes Sonovate successful. There’s no micro-management - just teams working together to change how people are paid for the better. Think of us as a group of teams working collaboratively to share experiences and engineer the best solutions.
The growth we’ve achieved in such a short space of time attracts certain individuals. We’re understand we’re not going to be everyone’s cup of tea, but our startup mindset defines who we are.
That said, just because we think like a startup doesn’t mean you’ll be running around doing a million and one things. We’re grown up with very realistic ambitions. Our market-leading products have redefined how people are paid. Building on this core success is where we are right now and we need specialists to join us and help take us to the next step.
We promise freedom to execute, an environment where you can exercise all your skills and talents and guarantee that you will be working alongside truly great talent.
What we guarantee
• Truly agile practices
• working with latest technologies and leading SaaS providers
• Modern ‘defurbished’ office space in the heart of city centre
• Very firmly in growth stage
• Startup DNA
• 28 days holiday + bank holidays
• Interest free season ticket loan
• Private medical insurance
• Ride to work
• Eyecare vouchers
• 50% discounted gym membership
• 2 days charity leave per year
• Breakfast, snacks and drinks
• And so much more...
The Head of Operations will be responsible for delivering the overall servicing and retention strategy for all clients and will manage all operations and operational teams within Sonovate, which includes Onboarding, Relationship Management, Customer Services and Process Operations.
What Does Success Look Like in this Role?
As a highly competent team player with hands-on experience within ideally a Fin-Tech high growth business, you will be financially astute and experienced at driving a technology-first and solutions-driven operational teams. You will be expected to proactively develop and deliver sound business processes and standard operating procedures that retain clients and meet customer satisfaction targets and SLAs.
You will have experience of working in a either a financial and/ or technical product-led company where you have demonstrated significant improvements through the use of technology. You will think strategically when considering solutions to ensure that they are fit for purpose in the short, medium and long term and work in partnership with our product offering to improve overall service delivery to our clients.
You will play a central role in driving your team to suggest and implement continuous improvements and challenge yourself and the team to suggest and implement automated technology-driven solutions that reduce the need for manual processes.
Happy being accountable, you will measure your team's success by monitoring and evolving key performance indicators that drive the overall businesses objectives. You will be confident at presenting clear reports that demonstrate results and action plans to continuously drive improved business outcomes.
You will act as the escalation point for any complex complaints and cancellation requests, be a strong role model and achieve a balanced outcome that satisfies both customer and business objectives.
A key part of this role initially will be the management of change programmes and cycles as we will transfer from one business model to a new one. You will calmly manage your team through periods of change as we transfer to our new product.
What will you do?
- Responsible for delivering the overall servicing strategy and retention of all clients, instilling a strong customer-centric culture within the team
- Management of Onboarding, Relationship Management, Customer Services and Process Ops functions so team leaders and individuals are clear on what really shifts the needle
- Technically astute, with proven experience of how the technology operates within a high scale service focused environment
- Working knowledge of building and developing web chat and social media operational support channels
- Proven experience of automating manual operational processes that support scale
- Hands-on experience of managing multiple change cycles and projects
- Experience of working in a high scale and international company
- Management of strict SLAs and data points to drive enhanced revenues and KPIs
- Running Knowledge Sharing sessions: Market Knowledge and Information Sharing
- Working knowledge of IR35
- Proactive, solution-driven individual
- Helping managers in your team exceed performance expectations through regular 1:1s that drive an open feedback loop around people, processes and continuous improvement
- Coaching, Mentoring and Developing high performing teams
You should apply if:
- You’ve led and scaled high performing teams to achieve their collective and individual goals
- You have hands-on experience of implementing technical solutions that drive efficiencies
- You comfortable working 1:1 as you are communicating with large groups
- You have significant senior management experience in customer-centric roles
- You empower your people to find solutions themselves
- You can motivate teams to deliver change that drives continuous improvement
- You are very hands-on and solve problems when you spot them