Who we are
What started as a business to make finance and back-office better for recruitment agencies is now changing how businesses of all shapes and sizes access finance and support to manage their freelance workforce.
We’ve created an end-to-end work pay solution to power the new working world. One that let’s businesses unlock the power of the contract, freelance and gig economy with none of the hard work or complications that come with old-school finance.
Backed by ambitious investors and developed by a team in London and Cardiff, we’ve funded in excess of £500m to a host of businesses, from recruitment startups to large-scale organisations who’ve grown tired of the traditional approach to finance from the banking world.
What’s it like to work here
Freedom and autonomy to do your best work are what makes Sonovate successful. There’s no micro-management - just teams working together to change how people are paid for the better. Think of us as a group of teams working collaboratively to share experiences and engineer the best solutions.
The growth we’ve achieved in such a short space of time attracts certain individuals. We’re understand we’re not going to be everyone’s cup of tea, but our startup mindset defines who we are.
That said, just because we think like a startup doesn’t mean you’ll be running around doing a million and one things. We’re grown up with very realistic ambitions. Our market-leading products have redefined how people are paid. Building on this core success is where we are right now and we need specialists to join us and help take us to the next step.
We promise freedom to execute, an environment where you can exercise all your skills and talents and guarantee that you will be working alongside truly great talent.
Joining Sonovate will be transformational for your career, whatever stage you are at. Apply today and let’s begin a conversation about you.
What we guarantee
• Truly agile practices
• working with latest technologies and leading SaaS providers
• Modern ‘defurbished’ office space in the heart of city centre
• Very firmly in growth stage
• Startup DNA
• 28 days holiday + bank holidays
• Interest free season ticket loan
• Private medical insurance
• Ride to work
• Eyecare vouchers
• Childcare vouchers
• 50% discounted gym membership
• 2 days charity leave per year
• Breakfast, snacks and drinks
• Beer fridge
• Free takeaways
• And so much more...
The successful Credit Controller will be responsible for taking ownership of a tranche of accounts on the Company’s Sales Ledger and ensuring that a professional and efficient service is provided to internal and external clients within a high growth, dynamic organisation. You will be responsible for dealing with in excess of 200 customer accounts on behalf of a company that is dedicated to changing the way recruitment agencies fund and manage their contingent workforce.
- Develop relationships with the customer base
- Work within the agreed credit control structure
- Chase customers via telephone and email
- Chase overdue debt and resolve customer queries
- Escalate issues to the Credit Control Manager
- Send out copy invoices & statements when necessary
- Maintain correct and up-to-date customer details and account records
- Work closely with customer service and timesheet teams
- Challenge working processes and suggest improvements
What you’ll bring:
- Previously worked within Credit Control
- Comfortable dealing with a portfolio of over 200 accounts
- Proactive and confident in your approach
- Organisation is absolute key to make this role a success
- Comfortable navigating between several computer systems including excel
- You feel comfortable to speak with individuals at all levels including key stakeholders
- Enjoy taking accountability for your ledger and understand working as part of a wider team
- Follow best practice procedures as implemented by the Business
- Friendly and professional telephone manner
- Flexible and adaptable in a constantly evolving and changing environment